ten albums you may have missed in 2014

I've selected some of the albums I've been listening to heaps since their release last year and I feel like some of them may not be very well known, especially the non-English ones so here's some recommendations in case you're having the after-new-year-need-some-new-sounds crave like I do.

I also included a brief genre guide for each album. I'm not a label believer and most of the times I can't even tell the difference between the a hundred million different metal genres but I reckon they can probably save you some time, in case you hate a specific genre.

Architect - Souldrainer
genre: melodeath


Citadel - Ne Obliviscaris
genre: extreme metal, Progressive metal


Earthwalker - In Hearts Wake
genre: metalcore


The Flesh Prevails - Fallujah
genre: progressive metal, deathcore


The Gloaming - The Gloaming
genre: contemporary Irish


I Never Learn - Lykke Li
genre: indie pop, alternative


Promulgation of the Fall - Dead Congregation
genre: death metal


Ruebke - Islands of Light
genre: ambient


Tigerdrottningen - Kent
genre: alternative rock, pop rock


Also special mention to COLOURS by Ayumi Hamasaki. Have to say I was a bit underwhelmed by the whole album at first but it is a very nice album and Terminal is THEE bomb. Have listened to it at least twice a day ever since it's released, doubtlessly my most-played track of the year. Great for morning commutes.

You can get the track on iTunes here. And although the original mix is not on Spotify there are some remixes available thanks to some Mr Armin van Buuren, who wrote and produced the song himself.


genre? of course trance.


Posted in , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Search

Theme provided by Nordic Themepark.